LL.B. Examination, Dec. 2017
Code of Criminal Procedure Code, Juvenile Justice Act and Probation of Offenders Act.
Time: Three Hours) (Maximum Marks: 100
Note: Attempt all the sections as per instructions.
(Very Short Answer Questions)
Note: Attempt all the five questions. Each question carries 4 marks. Very short answer is required.
- What is the distinction among investigation inquiry and trial?
2. Define F.I.R and complaint and bring out their differences?
3. What is the effect of Non-appearance or death of complainant in a trial of ‘Summon’s cases’ by a magistrate.
4. Can a court alter a change?
5. Give two duties of a ‘probation officer’
(Short Answer Questions)
Note: Attempt any two questions. Each questions carries 10 marks. Short answer is required not exceeding 200 words.
6. What are the constitutional and legal rights of an arrested person?
7. Which court can take cognizance of an offence for initiation of proceedings?
8. How are proceedings commenced before a Magistrate under section 204 of code of Criminal Procedure Code, 1973.
(Detailed Answer Questions)
Note: Attempt any three questions. Each question carries 20 marks. Answer is required in detail.
9. What are different criminal courts established under Cr.P.C. in a distt? Writeabout each one. Also write about their powers?
10. What is Bail? Discuss ruler relating to Bail in ‘non-bailable’ offences. When can an accused claim bail as a matter of right under code of Criminal Procedure?
11. Are the statements of the witnesses and the accused persons recorded by a police officer during the course of investigation admissible in evidence? If so, How they can be used in a Criminal Proceedings?
12. Define ‘Charge’. Discuss the ruler which govern the joinder of ‘Charges’?
13. Write about magistrate Trial of Warrant case instituted on a police report.
14. Critically examine the Juvenile Justice in India?