LL.B. I Sem. Examination, Dec – 2014
Constitutional Law of India (Nature of the Constitutions & Fundamental Rights)
Time Three Hours’ Maximum Marks : 100
Note : Attempt all the sections as per instructions.
Section – A
(Very Short Answer Questions)
Note: Attempt all five questions. Each question carries 4 marks. Very short answer is required not exceeding 75 words.
1. Who can claim the Fundamental Rights?
2. What are the importance of Directive Principles of State Policy?
3. Write down the Preamble of the constitution. of India. ,
4. How many Fundamental Rights are there in our constitution? Write all of them.
5. Write down the restrictions imposed under Article 19(2) of the Constitution on the Freedom of speech and expression.
Section – B
(Short Answer Questions)
Note : Attempt any two questions out of the following three questions. Each question carries 10 marks. Short Answer is required . not exceeding 200 words.
6. Explain the judicial attitude on the relation-ship of the Directive Principles of State policy and the Fundamental Rights.
7. Discuss protection in respect of conviction for offences contained under Article 20 of the Constitution Refer to decided cases.
8. Discuss the “doctrine of reasonable classification” evolved through judicial interpretation.
Section – C
Note: Attempt any three questions out of the following five questions. Each question carries 20 marks. Answer is required in detail.
9. Although there has been considerable controversy whether India is or is not a federation and although some writers have called it, ‘quasi-federal’, it would seen that essentially the Indian Constitution is a federal one”. Comment.
10. Discuss the scope of freedom of speech and expression contained under Article 19(1)(a) of the constitution. What restrictions placed on it under Article 19(2)?
11. With the help of decided cases discuss the new dimension of personal liberty. Does it include right to die?
12. It has been said that the best guarantee of religious freedom is that the state should totally keep off from the field of religion while elaborately guaranteeing freedom of religion to individuals and denominations. lace the framers of the constitution of India taken the cave to ensure that the religion and state do not entermix with each other? Discuss with the help of decided cases.
13. With the help of decided cases discuss the constitutional remedies contained under Article 32 of the Constitution of India.