LL.B. (II Semester) Exam.- June, 2016
Contract-II (Specific Contract and Law of Partnership)
Time: Three Hours] [Maximum Marks: 100
Note: Attempt all the sections as per instructions.
Note: Attempt all five questions. Each question carries 4 marks. Very short answer is required not exceeding 75 words.
1. Why registration of a firm is necessary? (4)
2. Is consideration necessary for the formation of a Contract of Agency? (4)
3. Distinguish between a partnership and a company.
4. Who is an undid seller? (4)
5. Sale and agreement to sell. (4)
Note: Attempt any two questions out of the following three questions. Each question carries 10 marks. Short answer is required not exceeding 200 words.
6. Distinguish ‘bailment’ from ‘pledge’ and ‘sale of goods’. (10)
7. Write down the effect of non-registration of a partnership firm. (10)
8. What are the various kinds of agents and explain their powers? (10)
Note: Attempt any three questions out of the following five questions. Each question carries 20 marks. Answer is required in detailed.
9. “Doctrine of caveat emptor has lost much of his significance in the modern times”. Discuss. (20)
10. Discuss liabilities and rights of a surety in contract of Guarantee. Would the liability be differ if there are more than one sureties? (20)
11. Discuss the essentials of a sale. Distinguish between `sale by description’ and ‘sale by sample’. (20)
12. Under what circumstances a minor can be admitted in a partnership business? Discuss his rights and liabilities. (20)
13. What conditions and warranties are implied in a contract of sale of goods? Under what circumstances breach of condition is treated as a breach of warranty? (20)