LL. B. (I Sem.) Examination, Dec. 2015
CONTRACT-I General Principles of Contract
Time : Three Hours] [Maximum Marks : 100
Note : Attempt questions from all Sections as per instructions.
(Very Short Answer Questions)
Answer all the five questions. Each question carries 4 marks. Very short answer is required not exceeding 75 words. 4×5=20
1. Competent parties.
2. Novation of contract.
4. What is Public Policy
5. Wagering agreement.
(Short Answer Questions)
Answer any two questions out of the following three questions. Each question carries 10 marks. Short answer is required not exceeding 200 words. 10 x 2=20
6. Discuss fully the contractual liability of a minor with reference to the leadings cases.
7. State the different kinds of mistake and explain their effects on contracts. 10
8. Define fraud and misrepresentation and distinguish them. Discuss their influence on the validity of contract.
(Descriptive Answer Questions)
Answer any three questions out of the following six questions. Each question carries 20 marks. Answer is required in detail. 20×3=60
9. Discuss in detail the essentials of a valid contract.
10. When is the communication of acceptance complete? Explain also the rules relating to the formation of contract by telephone or by post. Refer to decided case laws. 20
11. Agreement without consideration is void. Discuss the exceptions to the rule. 20
12. What is meant by doctrine of frustration of contracts ? Discuss with the help of decided cases.
13. Explain the scope and purpose of Indian Contract Act, 1872.
What is meant by voidable contract, void agreement and void contract ?
14. State the principles according to which damages for breach of contract are assessed.