LL.B. (II Semester) Exam.- June, 2016
Family Law-I (Hindu Law)
Time: Three Hours] [Maximum Marks: 100
Note: Attempt all five questions. Each question carries 4 marks. Very short answer is required not exceeding 75 words.
1. Who may give in adoption? (4)
2. What do you mean by Ancestral property? (4)
3. What is the legal position of Karta in a Joint Hindu?
4. Who is Sapnida?
5. Who are Testamentary Guardians? (4)
Note: Attempt any two questions out of the following three questions. Each question carries 10 marks. Short answer is required not exceeding 200 words.
6. How can a Gift be made to an unborn person? (10)
7. Write a short note on the right of property of a female Hindu under Section 14 of the Hindu Succession Act, 1956. (10)
8. How would you distinguish, Hindu Coparcenary from Joint Hindu Family? (10)
Attempt any three questions out of the following five questions. Each question carries 20 marks. Answer is required in detailed.
9. Define Will. Who can make a will? Can a will be revoked? Can a Mitakshra Hindu despose of his undivided coparcenary interest by will? Distinguish between Gift and Will. (20)
10. What is meant by partition and how it is made?(20)
11. Explain the conception of Hindu Coparcenary. How would you distinguish it from a Joint Hindu Family? (20)
12. On what specific grounds under Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 a wife may file petition for divorce, but the husband cannot? (20)
13. Write short notes on the following:
(ii) Debutter property
(iii) Antecedent Debt
(iv) Judicial Separation