Directions (Q.Nos. 64-73) In the following passage, there are blanks each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each five words have been suggested, one of which fills the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.
A decade ago, a financial crisis (64) Bangkok. During the next fifteen months it swept (65) Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong and Seoul. As Asian countries borrowed and spent beyond their means (66) of thousands lost their jobs (67) half-built buildings throughout Asian cities (68) reminders of the shattered hopes not only of distinguish entrepreneurs, but also (69) workers. Asia has come a long way during the past ten years—vast economic imbalance no longer (70). However, market crashes are (71) even today and Asia’s best insurance policy to (72) with at future crises is to build (73) financial systems.
64. A.occurred B.hit C.striking D.fuelled E.suffered
65. A.in B.upward C.forward D.from E.through
66. A.tens B.few C.approximate D.several E.lives
67. A.dense B.haunted C.abandoned D.buried E.vacate
68. A.seen B.pointed C.showed D.stood E.forgotten
69. A.undeserving B.incompetent C.greedy D.cheap E.ordinary
70. A.seen B.valid C.exist D.present E.there
71. A.undertaken B.possible C.threat D.reality E.capable
72. A.cope B.combat C.justify D.avert E.accommodate
73. A.perfectly B.popular C.formidably D.resilient E.foreign
Hints & Solutions