LL.B. (1 Sem.) Examination, Dec. 2015
I.P.C. (Law of Crimes)
Time : Three Hours] [Maximum Marks : 100
Note : Attempt questions from all Sections as per instructions.
(Very Short Answer Questions)
Attempt all the five questions of this Section. Each question carries 4 marks. Very short answer is required not exceeding 75 words. 4×5-20
1. Define sedition. What is its punishment given in Indian Penel Code?
2. Differentiate in between riot and affray.
3. How can the gravious hurt be caused? Describe in brief.
4. Define criminal breach of trust. 4
5. Define abetment. How many ways it can be done?
(Short Answer Questions)
This Section contains three questions, attempt any two questions. Each question carries 10 marks. Short answer is required not exceeding 200 words. 10×2=20
6. Ignorence of law is no excuse but mistake of fact may be a good defence. Discuss by giving illustrations. 10
7. What are the offences against marriage? Distinguish between Section 493 and Section 497. 10
8. Discuss the ,law relating to constructive criminality. 10
(Detailed Answer Questions)
This Section contains five questions, attempt any three questions. Each question carries 20 marks. Answer is required in detail. 20×3-60
9. Define the word ‘Crime’ and explain the different stages of crime. 20
10. When a person is said to abet the doing of a thing? Who is an abettor? Also explain the criminal conspiracy. 20
11. What offence is committed in the following case? A with the intention of murdering Z instigate B, a child under seven years of age, to do an act which causes Z’s death. B is consequence of the abetment, does that act in absence of A and thereby causes Z’s death. What offence has committed by A? Discuss with relevant law. 20
12. What offence is committed in the following case? `A’ shakes his fist at ‘Z’ intending or knowing it to be likely that he may thereby cause ‘Z’ to believe that ‘A’ is about to strike ‘Z’. 20
13. Explain the terms ‘criminal misappropriation’ and ‘criminal breach of trust’ with illustrations. Also distinguish between them. 20