Directions (Q.Nos. 84-90) Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The letter of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is (e) ‘No error’. (Ignore the errors. of punctuation, if any.)
84. The revised government’s (a)1 guidelines have reduced (b)/ the number of mergers (c)1 taking place among banks. (d) No error (e).
85. I do not know (a)/ who of the (b)/ new trainees should (c)/ be confirmed. (d) No error (e).
86. To promote India as (a)/ a tourist destination (b)/ the government has organised (c)1 many cultural programmes. (d) No error (e)
87. Banks in India (a)/ cannot open ATMs (b)/except obtaining (c)/ approval from RBI. (d) No error (e)
88. Today the success of (a)/ companies depends on the (b)/ quality of their products and (c)/ efficient managing staff. (d) No error (e) .
89. Ashok has managed to (a)/ achieve his sales targets (b)/ for the quarter very easily (c)/ than we expected. (d) No error (e)
90. He did not grant (a)/ their request for a loan (b)/ although it would (c)1 displease his boss. (d) No error (e)
Hints & Solutions