LL.B. (III Semester) Exam.- December, 2016
Professional Ethics, Accountability of Lawyers and Bar-Bench Relation
Time: Three Hours] [Maximum Marks: 100
Note: Attempt all the sections as per instructions.
Attempt all five questions. Each question carries 4 marks. Very short answer is required not exceeding 75 words.
1. What do you mean by examination-in-chief?
2. What is the object of passing the Advocate Act, 1961?
3. What do you mean by Professional Ethics?
4. What are the general duties of an advocate?
5. Who is an Advocate?
Note: Attempt any two questions out of the following three questions. Each question carries 10 marks. Short answer is required not exceeding 200 words.
6. What is the importance of legal profession in India?
7. Discuss the kinds of contempt of court?
8. What are the rights of an advocate under the Advocates Act, 1961?
Note: Attempt any three questions out of the following five questions. Each question carries 20 marks. Answer is required in detailed.
9. The Bar and Bench play an important role in the administration of justice. Discuss elaborately?
10. What is Professional ethics? Discuss the nature, object and need of the code of the ethics of legal profession?
11. Explain the provisions relating to the establishment and organization of state bar council and what are the powers of the state bar council?
12. Explain the origin, development and object of contempt law. What defences are open to contemner in case of a criminal of court? Discuss.
13. Discuss elaborately the accountability of lawyers towards court, clients and society.