THIS DEED of adoption made on this ___
day of __
between Sh. ,
(hereinafter called “the adoptive father”) of one part AND Sh. ______
(hereinafter called “the natural father”) of the other part.
- The adoptive father has no issue, male or female, and having regard to his circumstances, he has
no expectation of having any issue.
- The adoptive father and his wife want to adopt a child as their son/daughter.
- The natural father has three children, all sons.
- The adoptive father, with the consent of his wife, has approached the natural father for giving in adoption one of his sons named______________________________________ (name of the child).
- The natural father has, with the consent of his wife, consented to his said son being given in adoption.
- The ceremony of giving and taking in adoption has been duly performed along with other religious ceremonies customary with the parties on the day of __.
- The parties considered it expedient and necessary that a proper deed of adoption be executed as an authentic record of adoption.
NOW THIS DEED WITNESSESETH AS FOLLOWS:
- Declaration of Adoption The parties hereto do hereby declare that the adoptive father has duly adopted the said child as his son from the day of ____ i.e. the day on which ceremony of giving and taking in adoption has been duly performed along with other religious ceremonies customary with the parties.
- Legal rights and liabilities of adopted son The said son has been transferred to the family of adoptive father and shall have, from the date of adoption, all the legal rights and liabilities of an adopted son.
- Maintenance, etc. of adopted son The adoptive father shall be liable for the maintenance, education and other expenses of the adopted son and shall bear all such expenses in accordance with his status.
IN WITNESS WHERE OF, the parties hereunto have signed this deed this __
day of _.
THE ADOPTIVE FATHER
THE NATURAL FATHER