LL.B. Examination, June 2015
Constitutional Law of India-II (Structure and Working of the Indian Constitution
Time: Three Hours I (Maximum Marks :100
Note Attempt all sections as per instruction.
(Very Short Answer Questions)
Note: Attempt all five questions. Each question carries 4 marks. Very short answer is required not exceeding 75 words.
1. Explain Basic Structure Theory. 4
2. What are the grounds on which financial emergency may be declared? 4
3. Discuss in very short the advisory jurisdic-tion of supreme court. 4
4. State the grounds on which a Judge of supreme court may be removed from his office. 4
5. What are the privileges available to the members of the legislature of India?
Section – B
(Short Answer Questions)
Note: Attempt any two questions out of the following three questions. Each Question carries 10 marks. Short Answer is required not exceeding 200 words.
6. Discuss the ‘Doctrine of Pith and Substance. 10
7. Define the procedure of passing of the Money Bill. 10
8. Explain the provisions of our constitution which ensure the independence of judiciary.
Section – C
(Long Answer Questions)
Note: Attempt any three questions out of the following five questions. Each question carries 20 marks. Answer is required in detail.
9. What is scheme of distribution of legislative power between tneUnion and SA can Parliament legislate on the matter in the state list? 20
10. Discuss the provisions relating to proclamation of emergency under Article 352 of the Constitution of India. Mention in brief its effects on federal structure.
11. Discuss with the help of decided cases, the power and procedure to amend the constitution as prescribed under Art. 368 of the , Constitution of India. 20
12. “Trade, commerce and intercourse through-out the territory of India shall be free”. Dis-cuss. Do you think that compensatory tax will impede the free flow of trade and commerce?
13. With the help of decided case discuss that to what extent the Government is liable for the tortious acts committed by its servants?