LL.B. (III Semester) Exam.- December, 2016
Public International Law
Time: Three Hours] [Maximum Marks: 100
Note: Attempt all the sections as per instructions.
Attempt all five questions. Each question carries 4 marks. Very short answer is required not exceeding 75 words.
1. What do you understand by Nationality?
2. What are the restrictions on Freedom of Highseas ?
3. Does intrusion of U.S.A. in matters of Iraq in 2003, which resulted in hanging of Saddam Hussain, amounts to Intervention ? If yes, then how far it was justified under Article – 2(4) of UN charter?
4. Discuss rights of state in EEZ?
5. The diplomat of state A was supplying weapons to a banned outfit in violation of local laws in state B, when he was caught, he claimed immunity of diplomats. Can he succeed?
Note: Attempt any two questions out of the following three questions. Each question carries 10 marks. Short answer is required not exceeding 200 words.
6. Explain various sources of International Law giving special emphasis on ‘General Principles of Law’ as a source.
7. What is Territorial jurisdiction of the state? State principles governing the Territorial jurisdiction.
8. Is International Law a true law? Give reasons in favour and against of it?
Note: Attempt any three questions out of the following five questions. Each question carries 20 marks. Answer is required in detailed.
9. A boat belonging to state ‘X’ was seized while fishing in the Territorial waters of state ‘Y’. State ‘X’ and ‘Y’ are adjacent states. According to International Law, examine the status of state ‘X’ and ‘Y’.
10. Explain the meaning of state succession. State the consequences of state succession in respect of:
(i) Treaty rights and obligations
(ii) Contractual rights and obligations
11. Define war. What principles were laid down in Nuremberg Trial related to war crimes? Does International Law at present recognize war as a valid Instrument of National Policy?
12.What is Extradition? write its essentials. ‘A’ a French man killed an English man in Germany. Afterwards, he fleed to India and is currently living there. How can the French government try and punish him for murder?
13.Examine the rules of International Law for determining the enemy character of: