LL.B. (II Semester) Exam.- .June, 2016
Law Constitutional Law of India-II
Time: Three Hours] [Maximum Marks: 100
Note: Attempt all the sections as per instructions.
Note: Attempt all five questions. Each question carries 4 marks. Very short answer is required not exceeding 75 words.
1. Explain the doctrine of colourable legislation. (4)
2. Explain the doctrine of Pleasure. (4)
3. By whom and on what grounds National emergency may be declared? (4)
4. Discuss the principle of collective responsibility of the ‘Council of Ministers’. (4)
5. On what grounds a judge of Supreme Court may be removed? (4)
Note: Attempt any two questions out of the following three questions. Each question carries 10 marks. Short answer is required not exceeding 200 words.
6. Write short note on Tortions liability of the Government for act committed by its servants? (10)
7. Discuss the powers, privileges and immunities of members of the Parliament. (10)
8. Discuss the procedure of Passing of Money Bill. (10)
Attempt any three questions out of the following five questions. Each question carries 20 marks. Answer is required in detailed.
9. Discuss the power and position of the President of India under the Indian Constitution. (20)
10. “Basic structure theory is a judicial innovation, it has not been mentioned in the text of the Constitution.” Comment. Discuss with the help of decided cases the concept of basic structure. (20)
11. Discuss the distribution of legislative powers between the Centre and the States. When can Parliament legislate on a matter in the State list? (20)
12. Describe the jurisdiction-and power of the Supreme Court of India. 1 (20)
13. Discuss the freedom of trade, commerce and intercourse as provided under the Indian Constitution. (20)